Last week I moved into a new flat in Melbourne so I'm going to start a little series of home inspiration posts. I've moved a lot in the past 2 years but this is the first time starting from scratch with no furniture or homewares whatsoever as we've just come over to Aus with a couple of suitcases. Our shipping boxes are currently floating somewhere around Taiwin! We plan to build up furniture slowly and do some DIY so I'll share a bit on here as we go.
I'm excited to create a lovely new workspace to blog and design from, so I've put together some inspo. There are two things which I think a workspace should be: creative and organised.
* I love the idea of using these little modules instead of shelves to display little trinkets whilst keeping your desk clear. I would obviously fill them with cacti.
*A few prints and postcards on the wall stuck up with washi tape means they can be swapped around easily depending on your mood.
* I use lots of trays and plates to organise mess. I gather pencil pots on a patterned plate, and this marble tray could be used to hold paperclips/trinkets/rubbers etc
* Introduce some greenery to keep it looking fresh. Cacti/ succulents are pretty foolproof and I recommend painting them like this.
* I have Le Paper Bag to use as a waste paper bin as it's as pretty as a bin's gonna get. This would also make a good alternative for a mini paper bin.
* Get yourself a beautiful calendar with pages worth keeping, and then you can frame them next year. I got myself a Kikki K calendar this week and I'm pretty much in love. Now is the time to buy 2015 ones as they're all on sale.